Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ROAD TRIP!

Whoo hooo! Ed and I are leaving for Savannah GA as soon as I get out of work for the day! This will be our first "road trip" together which means lots of windshield time (note: we have taken numerous vacations via plane) . I'm excited just to be getting out of dodge. Work has been stressful and I'm so tired of the cold weather.

We plan on stopping in Asheville, NC for a day then onto our final destination, Savannah. Alicia (Ed's sister), Andy (Ed's brother-in-law) and Grant (Ed's nephew) now live in Savannah after a job change. Ed and I have been to Savannah several times now to visit. It's a great city to visit and we always enjoy spending time with all of them. Ed and I usually bring our golf clubs but due to time constraints we probably won't get a chance to hit the little white ball on this vacation getaway.

I was a little worried about how I was going to get my workouts in for the week without Sharkie. Ed suggested we put Sharkie in the backseat of his car and when we have some spare time in Asheville and Savannah, I can just pull Sharkie out and go for a ride. Sounds good to me.

Note to Waddler: You've got competition, girl! I've signed up for the Lifetime Indoor Tri on March 15. See ya when I get back into town!

Happy trails!

2 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Waving at you from over here in Chapel Hill, NC as you drive by way over there in Asheville. :D Safe travels and have fun.

IronWaddler said...

Have a great trip and enjoy!! Looking forward to seeing you at the tri!