Sunday, May 10, 2009

Still Running Against the Wind


"Against the wind
I'm still running against the wind
Well I'm older now but still running
Against the wind"

Dear Mother Nature*:

Ok, I'm tired. I give up. Just like Waddler, I've had enough. What did we do to make you mad and how the heck can we make it up to you? Please, please stop the wind gusts, you know, what I'm talking about....the 25- 40 mph wind gusts. I really don't like fighting but every time I go for a run or want to go for a bike ride, it's either cold, rainy, windy or a combination of the three. It's hard enough to get a decent run or bike in, let alone fighting three of your personality traits.

Please give us a break soon, we are amatuers at this Iron-distance stuff...mentally and physically you're breaking us down; you're really crushing our spirits. I almost caved in and ran on the treadmill today. Sure the temps were reasonable (60+ degrees), but oh the wind! I haven't been enjoying any of my runs lately and you are really not helping things. I'm not sure how much more I can take....please take it easy on us.

Can we be friends again?

TriSharkie

(*Note: Good idea, Waddler. I figure if enough of us write a note to MN, maybe, just maybe, she'll hear us).

2 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Hope your pleas help! Good luck this week.

IronWaddler said...

LMAO !! Too funny but let's hope it works.