Busy, busy, busy.
I'm a little late in saying this but...HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
I'm not sure where all my time has been going lately, I just don't know. Funny how the days can fly by if you're not paying attention. Ok...a quick run down on what has happened in the last two weeks:
EN Winter's Run Challenge: I scored a whole whopping 11.2 pts. Between weather issues and time challenges, I managed 3 runs total. It's a start. I'm hoping I can get in at least 1-2 outside runs per week for the rest of the off-season (winter). Although the weather looks like it's going to keep me inside this week. It's blizzard season here in Chicago.
The EN Weight Challenge: yep, another challenge....one that is much harder for me...weight loss. The reward is personal. Gosh how I would love to lose some extra unwanted weight. My goal is to lose 12-13 lbs by June 1 or in other terms, dropping a pant size or two or losing about 5% body fat.
To help me track my progress, I splurged on a Tanita Ironman Scale which measures all kinds of stuff including, weight, body fat, water hydration, physique rating, visceral fat, metabolic age, and . When I stepped on the scale for the first time, the results didn't surprise me. Unfortunately, the numbers were what I expected.
Weight: 148 lbs
Body Fat: 30.4%
Body Water: 48.9% (healthy is 45-60%)
Muscle mass: 98.0 lbs
Physique Rating: 5 (both my muscle mass and my body fat is average/healthy)
Bone Mass: 5.2 lbs (5.3 lbs for my weight is good)
BMR: 1404 (# calories
Metabolic Age: 36
Visceral Fat: 5 lbs (# of lbs of body fat surrounding vital organs)
I weigh in every Monday. Today I didn't--that's another story. When I weigh in on Tuesday, I'm hoping to see progress(it doesn't have to be much). I just need something in the downward direction.
Change of Plans: I could totally relate to Waddler's post on Saturday. She had forgotten her cycle shoes and therefore disappointingly had to settle with a run. As if we had a cosmic mirror I was feeling the same way. I was all set to get in a good ride on Sharkie (my bike) and burn some calories. I pumped the front tire with air and then continued on to the back. Air wasn't going in, so I popped off the pump valve to try again but broke the valve stem. What air was in my back tire went out in a flash. Dang it. I was upset; now I was forced to change my exercise plans. As I begrudgingly headed to the fitness center, I decided to run on the treadmill. I hadn't run in awhile. It didn't feel real good to me; it felt labored, really labored. And that worries me. I ran/walk for an hour finishing just 4.5 miles. How in the world am I going to do 26. 2 miles after riding for 112 miles? Oh I'm scared! I've got a long training road ahead of me.
In the Cold: Saturday night I woke in the middle of the night to some awful sounds. What is that? In my grogginess, I thought it was a lawn mower. What? Ok, that 's not it, it's winter. Snowblower? At 2 am? Then, I realized it was my furnace. It makes a lot of noise, but Saturday...it sounded like a cat had got trapped by the tail in the motor. Of course, I ignored and went back to sleep. The awful sounds lasted through the night but the furnace died on Sunday afternoon. I didn't want to cough up extra $$ for an emergency visit from the heating guy so I went through the night with out heat. It wasn't too bad. Luckily my townhouse is a unit that is sandwiched in between two others which helps my heat insulation. The temp dropped to 54°. 3 Blankets, a down comforter, thermal pj's and Ed helped keep the bed nice and toasty warm.
After a whole 10 seconds of evaluation, the HVAC guy states I need a new motor. Yeah, I could have told you that. Unfortunately, he doesn't carry my brand so I'm waiting out another day with out heat. It's really not so bad. I managed to raise my house's temp this evening by cooking some chicken in my oven, and using a little space heater (just blows warm air--there are no heat coils). I got the house to 60°. Whoo hoo. Back to why I didn't weigh myself today for the "great Monday weigh in"; I didn't want to take my clothes off to step on the scale. Whaaaaat? It was too cold.
I'm off to hibernate for the night.
OBX Half Marathon Race Report
13 years ago

1 comment:
That is a lot to deal with! What a positive attitude you have too. I would have sounded a LOT grumpier about things. Good luck getting your heat back on today!
Post a Comment